Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2D Designs?

Can you make 2D designs in Onshape? I want to do a project where we make game boards and then design and 3D print the game playing pieces. Can we do both parts in Onshape? 

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @christina_barfield

If you would like to make 2D designs in Onshape, you could use our sketching functionality, and then export those sketches as DXF.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I have done some layout work by using imported dwgs, sketch images, 2D sketches and 3D models in same environment. Two problems I encountered was sketcher performance on heavy dwgs and sketch images not showing once inserted into assembly.

I would still recommend trying, especially if 2D work is not too complicated. I think you should also consider thin 3D model instead of flat 2D boards. 
    //rami