Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't Sketch on Extruded Surface

bradley_bickfordbradley_bickford Member Posts: 2 EDU
Obligatory Link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6d03383d255b1893e0fb05a8/w/9f545045c1ecf2d73af64327/e/077d9cf30cd831958aa36c2e

I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've made this part here and the extrusion that doesn't have any holes in it right now I'm trying to make a sketch surface on it, every time I make a sketch on the surface, it doesn't let me use any of the sketching tools. I've even tried making a plane against that surface and it still doesn't work. Have I done something the wrong way around? I can't seem to figure this out.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @bradley_bickford

It seems like I can sketch on all the planes here.  Could you describe in more detail, or better yet post a screenshot, of the face you are having trouble sketching on?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    bradley_bickfordbradley_bickford Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I just tried sketching again myself, and it's working! For some reason! It's possible that tab had a memory overrun that was causing a problem. (Chrome being difficult, in other words). 
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Good to hear! Sorry you had troubles.  Please let us know if it happens again!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team