Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configuration Release Management

Jose_MoralesJose_Morales Member Posts: 15 PRO
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a way to submit a release for all the parts in a configurable  part studio. Is there a way to easily release all the configurations of parts or would I have to manually release each configuration one at a time? Also, if I have a given part in the part studio that does not change from one configuration to the next, when I release the configuration(s) would it re-release the part with a new part number?

Comments

• Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    edited May 2018
    Very good question. We do not do this yet. 

You can very quickly get massive permutations of parts in a configured Part Studio (and instantly infinite possibilities when you add a configured variable). So you can see why we dont just take every possible part and release it. 

Right now, in the release dialog, you can go to the + button and add individual configurations. 

We are working on a way to make releasing multiple configurations easier and get you what you want faster. 
    Support & QA
  • Options
    Jose_MoralesJose_Morales Member Posts: 15 PRO
    @Jason_S Thanks for the info. I saw that was an option but I figured/hoped there would be a more efficient way of doing it. My main concern is that once you add a configured part, it doesn't have any info that I can see that lets me know which configuration it belongs to so how would I avoid double-releasing the the same configuration of a part, or more important making sure I've released all the parts I need.

Also, on a related note (which is probably answered in another thread but I can't find it) is if there's a way for me to see a full list of released parts in a given configured part studio. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    René_SartorioRené_Sartorio Member Posts: 58 PRO
    edited April 2023
    We work a lot with configurations.
    We need the possibility to select all or only some configs via checkboxes!
    Here is an example. But there are also assemblies that have a hundred or more configs.

Is there an IR for this?