Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Again a new update on a friday afternoon?

emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why?
Do you want users to get better on Monday mornings seeing the improvements?
Or do you expect us to see the improvements on the weekend before starting work?
 ;) 
Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                     Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess there was a last minute change, because I don't see any update post on the forum?
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    You know that we all read these right? We are guessing that you are counting days :)
    Release is the culmination of a week long QA process that is very rigorous - sometimes things are held one or two days.
    But then again, you never know . . . .    ;)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @philip_thomas, we count on you reading these ;)
  • Options
    @philip_thomas I met an old fisherman who always guessed a few hours before when it was going to rain ... but almost never guessed right when you asked about the time for the weekend ;-)

You know that when you are about to post the New improvements, the previous one disappears, right? ;-)

And of course, there are a lot of people counting days around here... but I prefer to use a spreadsheet
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Hmm - I guess we're not as sneaky as we thought! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    I guess that old fisherman also noticed some details like that, but he never told me

I Don't want to hurry you guys  ;)

Un saludo,

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @emagdalenaC2C, I bet they're all there, fingers hovering over the release button, just waiting for you to log out before they press it  :p
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
     :D:D:D  
    I think so ... and I have to go in a few minutes ;-)
    Un saludo,

• Options
    I still don't get the fisherman analogy and I even met Eduardo in person at D3DLive this year!
    #lostintranslation :)
    BUT - thank you all for your kind comments on the release, we are glad you like it.
    Sprint 80 is underway - I wonder what will be in it! ;)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    The fisherman analogy is simple, as the fisherman I can guess a few hours before it rains (You release an update)... It is cause of small changes in the cloud(s) I suppouse ;-)
    #lostintranslation  I really like the hashtag  :D
    Un saludo,

• Options
    ^^^ Got it! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape