Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Kiri:Moto help

james_whittingtonjames_whittington Member Posts: 12
edited May 2018 in Community Support
I am new to CAD and CAM.  I have a MaslowCNC.  So basically I am just working with 2D designs on plywood.  I have been able to generate G code with kiri:moto and use that to make parts with my MaslowCNC.   However I have run into some issues that I need help with.   

1. Is is there a way to place tabs around the part? Inside and outside? The tab feature only seams to work on the outside of the part but not on the inside of the part (example of cutting out a pocket or circle).

2.  I have attempted to make some signs using OnShape, but when I go to generate g code is doesnt route out the pocket or plunge a hole.  
See pictures below.  

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated 

James

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited May 2018
    Hi, I can't speak for KM but could the problem with the centre parts not being machined away be down to selecting a profile toolpath rather than a pocket toolpath?

Cheers Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd