Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Applying an agle between 2 sketch components

IanlinuxIanlinux Member Posts: 2
Hi,

My preliminary project is here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b86f14f92d4f0313e69c0881/w/e94b56c2f5be8d034ce31752/e/fd6ed896ad2b7bedc14a7776

Basically I'm trying to create a fill-in to an aperture in a vehicle dashboard. I've created a radio surround as you can see, but coming off that from the bottom is a 2mm flat plate. However, I'm trying to come off at an 80-85 degree angle rather than exactly perpendicular - but clearly having problems.

I think it's my approach that is wrong here and I may have to look into understanding how assemblies work. I've also have to subsequently add in triangular left and right sides to the structure and apply some strengthening fins in strategic places, but that's something I think I can cope with eventually.

Any guidance would be appreciated on the plate angle though.

Regards

Ian

Answers