Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Quantity Reference in Title Block

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
I have a Title Block with a 'Sheet Reference- Quantity' but I can't find a quantity field in the part properties dialogue box. Could you tell me where I might find this please

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited May 2018
    Quantity is for qty of pages ie. "1" of "total qty pages"  it's a drawing property, not a part property. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    The reference does say it is a sheet reference and not a drawing reference and when insert it it comes up blank rather than with the number of pages/sheets.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Qty does not refer to qty of sheets, that would be "Sheet Number" and "Total Sheets" in drawings properties.

Quantity under sheet-reference doesn't appear to do anything that I can tell.

A part's qty is defined by the assembly it appears in. If it is in multiple assemblies, or used in another document, then it's proper quantity cannot be tracked.
    Instead what I do is add a custom property to the part and copy the quantity information in the BOM. Then reference that on the sheet.

The reason for that is I can show both quantities side by side in the BOM and double check all of my drawings and make updates in a quick table view.