Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change angle of end design

lars_rengersenlars_rengersen Member Posts: 31 PRO
I uploaded my design to the company that does the laser cutting and bending and it turned out there is a collision error with the equipment.

I want to solve this by doing the second flange only 80 by the machine and the remaining 10 degrees myself.

My question is: how can I implement this in Onshape while keeping the original constraints.
If I just change the original flange angle, all my proportions go wrong.

Best Answers

Answers

• lars_rengersenlars_rengersen Member Posts: 31 PRO
    edited May 2018
    My document is found here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ef2159dc4400d05ed77a5945/w/261bb8479f2d7956b48dd47b/e/20763f942b99c1331d563edc
    hope you can help me out.
    perhaps there is a feature that is exactly for this that I can apply to the finished design.
    I’m not very familiar with all details of Onshape.
    Thanks Eduardo and Jake!
    I had not even seen the response from Eduardo while posting my link.
    Did not expect "move face" could do the trick. Was only familiar with the offset direction.

Thanks for the examples, in particluar the one from Jake. At first I was not able to select the right faces to get all flange angles correct.
    At first the system did not allow me to make a copy to be able to see in detail what you did, but in the end it worked and I was able to implement it in my own file as well. 
    Did make some changes to the bottom flange to give room for completing the bend manually myself.

I checked and there should no longer be a collision, even when taking 2 degrees springback into account to get the lower angle at 90 degrees.

Thanks again! This was exactly the input I was looking for. What a great community and support forum.
    Have just submitted my .step file again.
    Early July the parts will be ready. Will let you know how it works out.
    Today the parts were delivered, very happy with them!
    Thanks again for your help.

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO

It's always nice to see real world results from Onshape work. 

Thanks for posting.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd