Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Trying to export a puzzle design to .STL

clayton_ertleyclayton_ertley Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
Hello all!

I am trying to get an entire puzzle (rubik like) printed. The way I have always done that is to create a layout of all pieces in one file then export to stl.
It is much easier to do this with onshape using the assembly tab. Now I have an assembly that is organized the way I want it to be.
I export the assembly file to PARASOLID then re-import the file into Studio and get a differently assembly without all of the parts that were in the assembly file( shown in HELI ASSM FAIL.png)

The image HELI ASSM.png is the way I want the .STL file to look.

Does anyone know how to fix this? This would make onshape kind of a deal breaker for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    What options are you importing the parasolid file with when you convert it back to a part studio?  If you choose "Flatten uploaded assemblies as part studios", it should give you a part studio that looks geometrically identical to your assembly (part colors might change).

And some time in the future we will have STL outputs from assemblies.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com