Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I have the view only version on my computer and I cannot figure out how to Print a DXF drawing.

I have the view only version on my computer and I cannot figure out how to Print a DXF drawing. 
I can see the print button in the top left but nothing happens when I click te print button.   I cannot figure out how to export and save as a pdf file at all.
I believe it is just the nature of the "View Only" option

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Sorry but as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a view only version?

If you're on the free plan then you won't be able to edit private docs but that is the only restriction I believe.

Do you have a pop up blocker installed?

Could you download the DXF and print it with something else?

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @jsullivan@greensightag.com - If an Onshape document has been shared with you as 'view only' but not with 'Export' rights, then you will not be able to export any of the documents contents. If this is the case, you will need to ask for export rights.
    If you are referring to a public document, then by default you have export (and copy) rights.

Please feel free to ask any additional questions.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape