Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mating points on imported parts

laird_broadfieldlaird_broadfield Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
Here's my document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1f98d41d1aa7423db7a7791f/w/0b93df84ce964368b5b2dc5c.  There are two imported parts, a Leviton wall socket, and a Fastenal screw.  Seems to me I ought to be able to get the screw to go in the hole, using the slider or cylindrical mates. but I can't get mate hotspots where I would expect on either part, let alone compatible hotspots.

One dead end, for what it was worth: I thought I could a sketch point at the center of the leading face of the screw to get the mate point I think I need -- but, although in part view OS recognizes the face as a face when I pointer to it, it doesn't when I try to sketch on the face.  

Just in case it matters, the socket was imported by downloading and importing an x_t, and the screw by downloading and importing an .iges.

Best Answer

Answers