Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What do you use for making mechanical drawings for manufacturing?

jason_29jason_29 OS Professional Posts: 11 ✭✭
Looking to round out a workflow with some software, ideally cloud-based, that can create mechanical drawings from 3D part files.  This functionality is native to most desktop CAD packages (i.e. Solidworks).  I wonder what the community is using?

Jason

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited May 2015
    Mostly just prints from 3d space or export to another package (installed on desktop). This function will be native with Onshape too.
    //rami
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jason_29 As you know we are working on this and it is getting closer to have it in prime time.  I am assuming you are looking for something right now in the meantime.  Personally I have not found something to do detailing of imports that is truly cloud based yet.  I will be interested to see what others are using currently.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    jason_29jason_29 OS Professional Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @lougallo, Have been using an autodesk product for this feature (offline); I would like to use OnShape exclusively.
  • Options
    galen_churchgalen_church Member Posts: 1
    @lougallo what is the time-line for the detailing functionality?