Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotate part by sketch line (or, angle derived from 2 lines not hard coded)

james_sleemanjames_sleeman Member, Developers Posts: 21 ✭✭
I have this part and a sketch (the diagonal highlighted line), I want to rotate the part around the top left edge running away from the viewer (the edge perpendicular to the intersection of the two highlighted lines), so that the back edge (vertical highlighted line) is now coincident with that sketch line (diagonal highlighted line).

The rotate part tool only seems to allow you to enter an absolute value for the degrees of rotation, there is no way to derive this from sketch/part elements that I can see.  

I could just read off that angle (which happens to be 5.744 degrees in this case) and copy-paste it into the rotate tool but that of course is anything but a parametric way to do it.

Is there a better way?

Best Answer

Answers