Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sketching After Importing

robert_melascagliarobert_melascaglia Member Posts: 42 EDU
Hello

I just imported a model from Microstation as an STL file (and looks good).  I now have the model in Onshape, created a Sketch, but cannot tag any of the entities (while in sketch mode).  I want to move all the elements to the "origiin."  Thanks, Robert.

Best Answers

• robert_melascagliarobert_melascaglia Member Posts: 42 EDU
    Answer ✓
    Thank you gentlemen that was helpful.  I have since used the "Use" sketch feature which allowed me to proceed.

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you make your document public and provide a link, it would be easier to help. If you imported an STL file then OS is probably treating it as a mesh. You can attach sketch entities to mesh points, but a mesh isn't itself made of sketch elements. However, you can use Transform to move the mesh (see icon below).

• robert_melascagliarobert_melascaglia Member Posts: 42 EDU
    Answer ✓
    Thank you gentlemen that was helpful.  I have since used the "Use" sketch feature which allowed me to proceed.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Sure thing :+1:

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd