Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exercice intermediate sketching : don't understand my miskate

MathMath Member Posts: 9
Hello,

I start to use Onshape since a few month, mostly to design parts and print it with my 3D printer, for personnal use (repair of objects). I have a few experience with SolidWorks and Catia, so I have already done some basic parts with Onshape.
But as I want to start to make more complicated parts, I decided to make the free online available courses in order to take in charge correctly Onshape and learn useful tips.

I have some difficulties with the exercice "Intermediate Sketching" : if I apply all the dimention constraint like slide 7, my sketch is overconstraint. I compare my sketch to the corrected sketch from Onshape, but I don't see any difference in the applied constraints. See attached print screen : left my sketch and right the Onshape sketch. If I apply the remaining dimention constraint radius 125mm to the arcs, my sketch become overconstraint.

So I realy don't see where is my mistaske : some could help me ?

Thank a lot !

Math

Comments

• Options
    Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO
    edited August 2018

This should allow that dimension to be added. It might have been added by the system based on how/where you initially added the geometry.

• Options
    MathMath Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

Thanks it's works. When I have compared my sketch and the Onshape corrected sketch, I have missed this vertical contrain I have in addiction !

Thanks,

Math