Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I uniquely identify copied parts when performing a "copy workspace" through the API?

ethan_keller924ethan_keller924 Member, csevp Posts: 40 EDU
edited August 2018 in Data management
Say I have a PS in my original document named "A". Now I want to copy my workspace and point to PS "A" within the new document. Is my only option to sort through the names and find the matching name? How can I positively know that new PS "A" is referring to the same PS as old PS "A"... essentially I want a map that relates all the old document PS element ids to the new PS element ids. Is there a simple way to generate this without using the user-settable names? (That would be a bad choice because the element name namespace allows duplicate names.)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Sorry, I meant the element name namespaces can have duplicates. The eid doesn't allow for duplicates. 
  • Options
    Any workaround to get this?