Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Editing imported STL file holes

dan_valedan_vale Member Posts: 6
Hey guys, I'm trying to revise this STL file that I imported to have slightly bigger holes up through a vertex.
The highlighted red material removal extrusion is what I'm trying to get to work but I've been stuck for a while now.
I used the points at the bottom of the hole and sketched another slightly bigger circle around it to remove extrude but I can't get it to work.
How should I proceed with this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 104
    You don't seem to have a Merge scope selected for the feature (it does not know what body to remove the material from)
  • Options
    GregBrown said:
    You don't seem to have a Merge scope selected for the feature (it does not know what body to remove the material from)

Hi Greg,

I selected the full part for the merge scope as that's what I'd like to remove material from but I still have the error. I'm thinking it's because imported files are mesh and cannot be edited at this point.

https://i.imgur.com/D0vtNjE.png

• Options
    Update: I successfully fixed the hole. I ended up using extrude thin remove and playing with the thickness.

Thank you!