Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Counterbore from offset angled plane

f_g744f_g744 Member Posts: 4
I have a 2"x4" section of some length where one side (face) is cut off at a 38 deg angle along the length.  Along that face I have several thru holes and I want to add a counterbore on the adjacent face which is at 38 degrees.  I was struggling to achieve that using an offset plane, just could not get it to work.
Any advice or tips to help with this?
Thank you 

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Whatever face you are working on, the Hole tool will provide that. - Scotty
  • Options
    john_lopez363john_lopez363 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    @f_g744

Here is one way.  Sketch your hole profiles as usual.  Extrude Remove the thru hole, Through All.  Then do a second Extrude remove of the counter bore hole using a Second End position operator.

• Options
    john_lopez363john_lopez363 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Here is the Holes Sketch for reference.  Obviously your dimension will vary, but the technique applies regardless.
  • Options
    f_g744f_g744 Member Posts: 4
    Unfortunately I don't get to spend much time using OnShape just do to my job.  
    I will give that a shot.  I was getting some funky results using an offset plane, which I suspected was due to my inexperience with the tools.  This seems simple enough.
    Thank you very much.