Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't add last surface to make surface model solid.

håvard_lianghåvard_liang Member Posts: 4
So after having created a surface model and being happy with it, i went to close it up. all went well up to the last surface. When trying to create it, it would only work if i chose new surface, but I can't do that, as i need the part stitched up. It shows one other surface on my model and gives the error message "Cannot add surface to existing geoemtry". I thought maybe my other surface was slightly clipping into it or sometthing, but it doesn't seem to be and nothing i did fixed it. after not finding much on the internet i came here. Any info on either how to fix it or why it happens would be appreaciated.

some pics for context:

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 699
    Select New option in the Fill feature and try Enclose - it might be more forgiving. It also looks like the two faces highlighted in red might be clashing. if so - you could try using Fill guides to control surface sape.