Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

A Couple OF Requests On Drawings

RepairmanRepairman Member Posts: 3
I noticed that if center marks are added and the view is moved later, the center marks and any dmensions associated with them do not move.
It would be useful to be able to add circular centerlines (like bolt centers, etc.)
It would be useful to be able to add dimensions or angular dimensions between centerlines the same way they can be added to edges..
The placement and extent of the extension lines or arcs for radii are not placed with much control and sometimes the default placements get in the way.

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Also included in the request I would add that when creating a center mark it isn't the same size as auto created center marks. The drawing looks unprofessional with different size center marks. As an example I have 2 arcs, I dimension one and and "2X" to the dimension. I then add a center mark to the second arc for reference. The auto center mark created by the radius dimension is larger than  the center mark I created for reference. These should be the same size. See Pic

• navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @da_vicki, how did you add the surface finishing symbols ? 
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    It appears that some browsers won't allow the alt Characters. But using firefox and if you use the DejaVu fonts you may use the alt characters. See link below for full list and instructions. I used "alt 251" I also added a seperate note with smaller fonts to place the numerical value into position. No doubt OS is working on symbols but this may help to complete a drawing in the mean time.

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/altchrc.html

HTH
  • adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    How about Smart Dimensioning?  Is that patented to SW?
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager