Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Boolean operation results in non-manifold body

Nimaye_GarodiaNimaye_Garodia Member Posts: 2
Hi! I was trying to combine the 3 parts I have on this fairly simple design: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1b3d89538a575a3779d0a2f9/w/8a314b8a924596e0e9200adb/e/8cf758b00f1ce1a39a4bf42e?renderMode=0&uiState=660e19e460e250121b92aa88. However, it gives me the error message as stated above. How could I fix this?

Answers

• Options
    David_YL_NguyenDavid_YL_Nguyen Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 90
    Hey @Nimaye_Garodia,

This gives you an error because the result is non-manifold geometry (you can search the forum if you want to understand better what that is).
    You don't need to do a boolean operation to combine this, you also don't need to extrude 3 bodies. You can just use one extrude feature and select all the sketch entities that you wanted to create a single combined body.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

• Options
    STEGSTEG Member, User Group Leader Posts: 77 PRO
    There is a problem with your sketch where you can see below. Looks like there are 2 arcs at this place with different radiuses and it creates an empty spaces between Part 1 and Part 2 thus creating a new part. I found it when I saw your Extrude2 is in Add mode but creates a new part.