Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simple Rubber Duck

dave_sartorydave_sartory Member Posts: 21 EDU
Hey folks -
I'm getting a pretty solid handle on tools, with a beginner understanding of curves > surfaces.  My students, many of whom come from tools like Blender, are always trying to make things that are a bit too clay-like for a tool like OnShape, but I would like to show them a good basic example, like a dog toy or a rubber duck, that showcase those skills without getting too detailed.  When I search, all I've found is imports of rubber ducks, not actual part studios with sketches.  Do any of you have a model you'd be willing to share that could show the process for this type of thing?
Thanks for any advice you have!
Dave

Comments

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 279
    edited April 12
    IMHO, surfacing a rubber duck is a nontrivial task even for the not-faint-of-heart. You can certainly do it, but the process won't be representative of mainstream CAD work. It's very understandable that those coming from direct editing tools (Blender, ZBrush, Max, etc.) would want to use CAD similarly, but the toolset is geared toward different applications.

How about, say, a toaster, or a case for wireless headphones? A (very unpolished) example: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a2c5203d67ecd824f9fdc8e2/w/bc4ab4a0417b5f2c158b0ce9/e/d6e644fb7b384ddcab09327f