Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Frames Profile Library- Making a new Library but wont allow me to configure the sketches

jeremy_stone353jeremy_stone353 Member Posts: 2
I have been trying to make my own Custom Frame library in OnShape, and keep running in to this problem of the library not recognizing the sketch when it is configured. I followed Onshapes Tech Tips:( https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/onshape-libraries ) under Frames Profile Library.
If I make the Base Folder, then my sub folders for standards, then inside that I make my documents witch has the sketch profiles in it. If I make for example a Basic square profile, version it and update the library it works fine. When I go back to the sketch and try to configure the Dimensions, version it, I then get an error stating it can not find the versioned sketch.

I downloaded the existing frame profiles from on shape (https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/frame_profiles.htm) to make sure I was setting it up right and it seems like I am.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem or a way to fix it?

Answers

• Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited April 24
    Hi Jeremy, I don't have a lot of experience with frame libraries, but what experience I do have I believe this is how it works
    1) one sketch with only one profile - no configs. ( I don't think custom libraries supports configs. )
    2)Then put however many sketches (profiles) you want into separate custom frames tab files, and they will be there till you delete them.
    Others can feel free to correct me, but I think you're on the right track.     Good luck
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 700
    Configured part studios in libraries are supposed to work. You've caught it in a broken state - apologies. The fix is coming up in the next release.