Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hole callout with respect to a virtual sharp in drawing view.

JatomisJatomis Member Posts: 2 PRO
Hi,
I was trying to see if there was something either in a guide or a forum post to the answer to this question, but I couldn't find anything with regards to the keywords in the title. 

I understand that you could use the centerline reference to locate the holes just as effectively, and maybe this is poor practice, but I wanted it to be with respect to a virtual sharp as there would be a corner there to reference for the holes up until the chamfer is made and I'd like to reflect that in case the manufacturer needs a drawing that is a bit simpler just so that I can reduce the amount of time / hours said manufacturer needs to make allowance for the hole location. I have attached a picture exemplifying the issue and ideally I'd like the coordinate system origin on the sharp, not the corner that it currently is selecting. 

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 524
    edited April 30
    @Jatomis If you pick a reference X edge and the reference Y edge in the dialog -  we will locate the origin at the virtual intersection of that.  You don't need to create a virtual sharp first.  

• Options
    JatomisJatomis Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Thanks Pete!

Answered my question perfectly!