Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - November 20, 2014
lougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,712
Another update day is here and I can't wait to show you some of these improvements. This update introduces our first 3D native curve and brings a number of visual tools and requested improvements. Enjoy...
- Graphical section views for part studios and assemblies
- New display modes (Hidden edges visible, Shaded with hidden edges, Shaded with without edges)
- Translucency of parts is now integrated into the Appearance editor
- A new Translucent view has been added (in leu of the previous Wireframe view)
- New output precision controls for STL exports
- A new Helix tool has been added and can be defined by either a cylinder or cone selection. (NOTE: the new helix tool will only be available in new documents and will show up in existing documents in the next day or so.)
- Mass properties in Assemblies
- User profile now has first and last name fields (current name is now your nick name/handle)
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.