Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Flange Coupling Parametric modeling

akshay_pundeakshay_punde Member Posts: 2
Dear all,
Any suggestion to my CAD model of Flange coupling parametric model.
User will input shaft dia and flange coupling will generate.
Let me know suggestion if you have any.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1169d041ee05ceb48a3954f4/w/b75d92c7933a4a717a8ddbcf/e/5efc73cb6d0738e9702d2073?renderMode=0&rightPanel=variableTablePanel&uiState=6664113000c1156786eadce1.

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    Hello. Your model looks pretty good. Three things I see that I would change are the redundant variables in the feature tree, scaling of the fastener holes to the size of the flange, and the same with the key slot. For the key slot, there are functions such as Min and Max you might be able to use to control the key slot size (link below).

You've discovered the value of variables, however, the key slot and fastener hole sizes are most likely standard sizes and using a variable may not be the best way to control those features. I suggest you look into Configurations. Using configuration(s) in your model would provide a means to control features (such as the key slot size and fastener holes) that may not be suited to using a variable. Also, it would provide a means to select a model configuration (#Shaft_dia_d) without editing the value. After being built, a configuration table could provide a drop down list at the top of the feature tree that, if configured correctly, would list shaft sizes.

The Learning Center has a course for Configurations.

- Scotty

Min Max:https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/tech-tip-using-numeric-fields