Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Trimming my account size down

ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
I'm using free version, and Its telling me I'm over the 100 mb limit.  So I go into my scene files and delete stuff, and the number doesnt go down.  I realize everything is saved in versions and history.  There needs to be a nice obvious way to just DESTROY parts in a scene so they are gone forever and don't leave traces behind I think.  One of my project files has 2 small objects in them, and those can't take up that much room can they?   Or a delete history button.

Comments

• Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ts_2 a way to reduce the file size is make a copy of your document, this will purge all your version/history . Remember to also empty the trash, the files there count up in your storage. Lastly as you are already above the limit it probably wont allow you to make a copy privately, so make the file you want to copy public a few seconds while you copy the file. The file size sometimes does not update immediately so you know.
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    @nav  I'll try that! Also, is there a way to see what an individual "Tab" is using in MB??
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    @nav  I'll try that! Also, is there a way to see what an individual "Tab" is using in MB??
    I dont think you can see which tab is using what. Its the history that takes up most of the space anyway, a vast amount of space after a while.