Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape triggering autofill in Safari

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,825 PRO

I'm not sure if this is a new problem since I was mainly using (Mac) Chrome for Onshape until recently, but in Safari I'm seeing far too many situations where autofill is being triggered with names of people in my contacts (e.g. as I name parts) or credit card numbers (as I change the value of a dimension). It's really distracting and not appropriate. Is this an Onshape problem or a Safari problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 787 PRO

I use Firefox for dayjob, and Safari for personal, simple projects. I've yet to come across any autofill issues in Safari, and I've been using it for about 1 year.

Note: Safari is my main browser outside of Onshape (for 20 years), and I do use the autofill function of it frequently.

• Oliver_CouchOliver_Couch Member Posts: 125 PRO

I haven't had this issue in Firefox or Chrome-based browsers. I'd say it's Safari being overzealous with its autofill.

A CAD program in a browser is quite a novel use case and probably not something the Safari programmers even considered.

Onshape could patch in workarounds to 'support' Safari's weirdness (like the days of IE) but their time is probably better spent developing other features and just advising users to use a different browser.

And perhaps a message to Apple about it, if they'll listen.

• nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 787 PRO

I'm actually surprised you can even use Safari. I tried it a few times about 2 years ago on my dayjob real-world assemblies, and it would completely choke. The same computer and asm on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge was fine. IDK if its better now, I'm afraid to even try it.

For small personal projects for me its fine.