Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

can anyone help me to why my image imported into my sketch is not scaling correctly?

daniel_llavoredaniel_llavore Member Posts: 4

I set a dimension from two given points, thus the other dimensions should be correct but they are wrong, now how can i scale the image to be dimensionally correct across the board whiles being able to use the image as a trace

Answers

• josh_targojosh_targo Member Posts: 143 EDU

if it just has to be close enough to act as a guide, maybe just scale it, rather than set a dimension.

You can also make a rectangle to the appropriate size and then stretch the image to fit that

or draw a diagonal, fix the angle, then you can drag the image so that the corners are always on that diagonal.

• daniel_llavoredaniel_llavore Member Posts: 4

The outline can be a guide but the holes need to be exact

• josh_targojosh_targo Member Posts: 143 EDU

if it's the correct ratio when you start, make the diagonal and lock in the angle. now it can be scaled and keep it's aspect