Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

limits and fits or tolerances

david_knightdavid_knight Member Posts: 7
I have looked at site and find no clear indication on limits and fits.
Can not issue a drawing without minimum and maximum sizes for critical dimensions and angles but do not see how to apply them in part studio or drawing.
Do not see geometric tolerances either.
Any thoughts on this hope I have not missed the obvious stuff

Best Answer

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Sorry, no tolerances yet in models, only in drawings
    And no GDT yet, nor automation of ISO shaft/hole limits and fits.
  • david_knightdavid_knight Member Posts: 7
    OK thanks but where in drawings, I do not see it. Do you mean in text entry field.
    This is serious issue for design drawings bring to top of Agile to do list please.
    Can do clash analysis in my head in models.
    But critical in drawn communications to others.
  • david_knightdavid_knight Member Posts: 7
    Ok got it this time. Add dimension. End dimensioning function. Click on dimension and edit tolerance.
    This is good for me no problems.
    Did not find this in help text.
    Many thanks for big clue Andrew.

• JJViJJVi Member Posts: 3 EDU
    edited September 2017
    Is there possible to mark standard ISO fit  to dimension? Like 20 H7 and deviation dimensions inside of parenthesis.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @jari_viitala531 there are no built-in tables for limits and fits, but it is possible to manually construct the data you need. Please create an improvement request in the category on the right --->

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Does anyone know if there is an IR for this?
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • engineering_deltapengineering_deltap Member Posts: 13 PRO
    @paul_charlton Does this help for now? also vote it up.
  • paul_charltonpaul_charlton Member Posts: 5 PRO
    @NeilCooke Typing in manually is ok when you have a couple to do. We have a need for this now and are getting hammered by our largest client who is a solid works user. To have to type in "g6" then look up the relevant tolerances and type them in is too slow and also has lots of scope for error.

Please provide a solution as soon as possible.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Thanks @NeilCooke for pointing us to the IR
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • paul_charltonpaul_charlton Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Has anything happened with this.
    About to start another major project and tolerancing now is at glacial speeds not to mention mind numbing.

• jurjen_vellingajurjen_vellinga Member Posts: 10
    Has anything happened? Not being able to fill a nominal tolerance is a deal breaker for me.
  • daniel_hallberg620daniel_hallberg620 Member Posts: 3
    This is a big problem, we need a faster way to do this. Typing all tolerances by hand is terrible.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,321 PRO
    There was a big update in November which included this:

What's New 1.173 - Fit Class Tolerances

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    We are also working on additional drawing tolerance tools to support non hole case as well as hole override support (important for references to a version where these were not defined for hole features).  The What's new that @S1mon posted above was really round 1 of the feature set.