Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

iOS: How to delete points in sketch ?

maxym_runovmaxym_runov Member Posts: 2
I can't figure out how to delete points when editing sketch in iOS app (on Desktop I select point and click delete). Trim is not working for points, it does delete lines but leaves points behind. I can delete dimensions by sliding to the left in the list (again it's just hitting delete on Desktop). But right now I have to go to Desktop app to delete stray points :(

What am I missing ?

Comments

• Options
    Mitch_PricerMitch_Pricer OS Professional, Developers Posts: 27 PRO
    Points cannot always be trimmed away as they are required for certain types of sketch entities; such as if you trim away 3/4 of a circle, a point will be left behind as a way to define the radius of the remaining arc.

As far as deleting points in the iOS app, I have always had luck taping on them with one finger to select them, bringing up the context menu with a two finger tap outside of the model, and choosing "Delete" from the bottom of the list.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    maxym_runovmaxym_runov Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    I didn't realize there was contextual menu (or how to invoke it). Did exactly what I needed, hanks !
  • Options
    NoFearNoFear Member Posts: 3
    My points are endpoints of lines segments (or Centre of a circle) that I have trimmed. When I extrude, the points form a line on the extruded object in the direction of the extrusion. Is there a way to delete the end points so they don’t form this line. Just looks weird on the design.