Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

reusable elements/templates?

david_cushingdavid_cushing Member Posts: 16
I have a 3d printer and model things to print in OnShape.
Is there a way to make a customized work space that represents my printable volume in 3 dimensions?
This way I can model stuff and be able to tell if it fits into my printable volume w/o doing the math.
Maybe even with added lines that break it up into quarters. That way if I want I can model something in the top left quarter and it will print in the top left quarter of my printbed. I would like it to be a reusable template or precustomized workarea that I don't have to create every time I want to use it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, create a part studio with the desired sketch then just copy and paste it into your documents as needed.