Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

remove public documents

donald_8donald_8 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
how do i remove public documents from my list. i looked at a few and now they are lists in my documents. i would like to remove them

Best Answer

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    They are actually listed in "recently open", If you select "my documents" just below they won't be listed.

_Dave_
  • donald_8donald_8 Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    thank you.
    I did know that, and do that all the time. i just wanted to remove them from my list, so that's why i asked how to remove them. maybe i can't
  • paul_1paul_1 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    i agree -- it's annoying that documents i looked at by chance some time ago keep showing up in my list.  a "forget" command would be nice, if just for uncluttering reasons.
  • brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    _Dave_ said:
    They are actually listed in "recently open", If you select "my documents" just below they won't be listed.
    It seems that a redefinition of "recent" would fix this; maybe ideally a user configurable option so anyone wanting to keep long lists would also be catered for.
  • evan_morrisevan_morris Member Posts: 2
    Once you delete a public document, is it completely gone from ONSHAPE's Public Database?  Or does it linger, somewhere.  The reason I ask is because I need to delete a project that was not intended to be public.  I deleted it from my account, but I was not sure if it still existed somewhere in the ONSHAPE, shared, Public Database.  
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @donald_8
    @paul_1

You can right-click on a document in recently opened and choose remove from recently opened
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • bob_bobcatbob_bobcat Member Posts: 2
    Hi Evan  / Neil
    I deleted an upload within 5 minutes of uploading. It was may personal design and I did not want it public.  I searched and  noticed the document has an owner name now next to it and is  " main in progress".  Does this mean someone took ownership of my design within and I have lost all copyrights to it? 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Hi Evan  / Neil
    I deleted an upload within 5 minutes of uploading. It was may personal design and I did not want it public.  I searched and  noticed the document has an owner name now next to it and is  " main in progress".  Does this mean someone took ownership of my design within and I have lost all copyrights to it? 
    Quite possibly - the document you found - it is the same thing you uploaded? Is it read-only (and therefore belongs to somebody else)?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI