Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

TRUSS design, boolean issue

michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
edited April 2016 in Community Support
Hi all,
here are some images of a truss for the fuselage of an aerobatic aircraft i have been working on.

Making this truss has been somewhat tedious but i got there in the end. i made it by creating a box that represents the four outer longerons and the sketching side profiles on the faces of the box. i then swept the tube profiles along these side profiles. i made them mostly as seperate sweeps and then joined the using boolean union. When i tried to add yellow and blue tubes to the rest of the truss it comes back with an error "cant produce a valid part'' why would this be?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    michael_stallsmichael_stalls Member Posts: 59 PRO
    Cheers thanks. Thinking about it, it's not really a huge issue. It should still come out alright for the drawing and i only need the coordinates for the intersections to make the FEA model. Would there be any CAM applications that would help fabricate a truss like this?

All the tubes are hollow and when i use translucent the intersections are pretty complicated...i figured it might be something to with this. Ill try making them solid next time i make a truss