Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Text is upside down and backwards.

jay_williamsjay_williams Member Posts: 21
I want to put some (sunken) text on a part, but on the underside of the part with the part upside down compared to how it is when viewed during sketching. So, I oriented the part the way I would if I were going to write the text onto it, but when I add the text, the text is upside down and backwards. How do I get the text on the correct side of the part and in the correct orientation?

Thanks,
Jay

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that you'll need to rotate the text 180°
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @jay_williams, Apart from transform sketch (faster as compared to below method) as suggested by @Shanshan , you can use one more method. 
    For that you have to remove the horizontal constraint from the box that contains the text and simply rotate it to your desired position, Kindly see below video for more detail.

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,406
    Sounds like you are creating the sketch then rotating the part to the view you want? Make sure you choose a sketch face or plane that is in the correct orientation first before creating your text. Select the bottom face to sketch on or create a plane if the bottom face is not planar. Press N to view normal to sketch plane. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    jay_williamsjay_williams Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the help, folks!
  • Options
    johan_ariffjohan_ariff Member Posts: 1
    Dear guys....
    What about flipped text? Transform can only be use for rotating in this case... Tried searching high and low but to no avail... :neutral:
    My screenshot below... i need to embossed/engrave 'CBMTI'...

I notice it follows my plane's normal direction.. that too i can't find a way to change the normal of my plane :-( please he