Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Display of enum for feature type in custom features

lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
Is it possible to get a feature-type enum to display as "tabs" rather than a drop-down like it does for the native boolean operation?

I was able to do this in a custom feature if I declared a BooleanOperationType enum and imported onshape/std/booleanoperationtype.gen.fs at the top, but not if I defined my own operation type enum. In both cases it was the first enum in the feature definition and as far as I can tell I had equivalent code. I didn't see anything in the documentation either. What am I missing?
Arul Suresh
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    I'd also be interested in this answer, I wondered the same thing at one point but just ended up assuming it was built-in magic not accessible for users.