Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Exporting parametric models to html

aaron_dalyaaron_daly Member Posts: 2
Hi everybody,

New to cad modeling but I have experiance  with polygonal modeling in Maya and 3dsmax. I was wondering if there was a method of either exporting the onshape models while keep their parametric design to alter shapes and feature of the models in an html interface or running onshape in somewhat of a headless mode so you can alter parameters and change the model. I have experiance in Javascript but not enough to write an entire exporter. If there is an option around this in the store that I have not found in would be interested in it as well.
Thanks you so much for your help

Answers

• dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi, Aaron:

I suspect a LOT of people want to do this.  Maybe something like this?

http://www.parametricparts.com/parts/vqb5dy69/

Parametricparts.com is built on cadquery, a python-scripting based model backend. But doing the same thing with an Onshape backend would be very powerful, and is something I'm working on.