Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Performance issues when using section view specifically

In Chrome on a 5k 2016 iMac, it seems like framerate drops by about 75% whenever I use section view to get a better view of my project. It would be nice to be able to use this feature without a major performance loss.

Comments

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I see (and hear) a big performance hit when using a section view as well. I am running on a 13" MacBook Air and performance is generally pretty good without using too much battery, but the fans kick in big time when using a section view.
  • paul_premakumarpaul_premakumar Member Posts: 7
    Recent changes to the section view functionality could be making it slower on certain configurations. Can you let us know the specs of your graphics card? Thanks
  • jacob_jenningsjacob_jennings Member Posts: 3

AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB

5k screen (5120‑by‑2880)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

• paul_premakumarpaul_premakumar Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. We'll take a look