Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

couldn't delete public documents from my account

As you all know I can't have in my free account more than 10 private documents. That's okay, but now I have the following problem. This is intended to illustrate the image below.

From the displayed 8 (/ of 10) documents are a total of 5 document from me. Where the blue marked properties are not mine, but are apparently counted as private. But this object I can not delete. They still occupy so 3 of 10 private documents.

You can I remove this object from my private account.

regards Franz

Best Answer

Answers

• mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    You cannot delete documents that you do not own.  You are shared into these documents from other users.  You can remove yourself from the share by right-clicking on the document and choosing the appropriate option.
    Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @franz_balleis127. You are running into an accounting bug that we are in the process of fixing. I've recalculated your document count. Your private document count went from 8 to 4. Sorry for the annoyance.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hello John,
    thx for your support. Mistakes happen easily in large systems.
    I have nearly 30 years of programming behind me and I find that before completely known. ;)
    Franz

• eddie_flemmingeddie_flemming Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Hi,
    Has this bug been fixed yet? I only have 3 created documents but my useage shows 6.
    I would like to view more public documents but i am worried i will fill my private quota
    Eddie