Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Connect 2 parts

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
Any ideas on how to connect the blue and yellow pieces in this img? I can't move any of the gray peices.  Doc @ https://cad.onshape.com/documents/14f3d01d62b5237f728896c5/w/40e0afc950b8ca0dfecf9ef8/e/46f1a37d37836942cf49590e

I can thicken the yellow or blue parts as much as needed so long as they don't overlap the gray parts.  Screw holes/slots in yellow and blue parts need to be retained.

I tried several lofts and extrudes and din't get anything that seemed sturdy.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    I took a look at your document and it looks like you were able to connect the two profiles. Did you still have any questions?
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @timrice I was able to with a loft between two sketches.  Yes, it works, but it's not ideal as it's not the strongest it can be and the loft itself get's in the way a bit.  so I'm sure theres a better way
    loft.PNG 108.6K
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited October 2016
    Since I do not know your design intent or parameters, it would be difficult for me advise you on design decisions. However, you are definitely going about the problem the right way. A loft with guide curves is likely going to be the best way to model it. I would also suggest checking out this 3D Spline FS as it can make creating guide curves significantly easier: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/573f7b36e4b02e83c71782fc/v/4e54a08374e12db1056f3bc2/e/5718da06c22e7b08a5fb58b3
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.