Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Customize workspace

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
I don't know if this questions was raised since OS has been running for a couple of years.

I would like to be able to customize the modelling templates to fit our company workflow. For example when I create a new part studio I would see tab/folder names specific to us already available to organize our modelling instead of OS generic. Even have standard library parts already derived in workspace and ready to use. The goal is to promote consistency thru out company and make workflow efficient.

Comments

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Josy,

You could create a new Workspace that already has the structure you desire, including derived parts, and Share it as View Only with Copy permissions to anybody in your team who needs it. This way you (or anybody else with Edit permissions) could modify the standard template but everybody else just makes private copies of the Workspace to start a new project.
  • Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Thanks Brian I did not even think about this option.
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Your welcome. This is how I create and share project assignments with my students. I place reference info, pdfs, and standard parts, set the units to what I want, and any other settings that they should all use, then share with them with view only and copy permissions. Seems to be working well.