Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch constraint symbol?

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
edited November 2016 in Using Onshape
What is this sketch constraint symbol?  I found it on a forum discussion from last year...

www.accuratepattern.com

Best Answer

• Options
    emmett_weeksemmett_weeks Onshape Employees Posts: 29
    Answer ✓
    It's a quadrant constraint. It constrains a point to be coincident to an ellipse and either the major or minor axis of that ellipse. It can only be made by inference, dragging something to, or placing something on one of those points on the ellipse.

Answers

• Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    I guess the symbol is for circular pattern of entities which was appearing during earlier Onshape version. In latest onshape version it doesn't show even the sketch entities are done circular pattern
  • Options
    emmett_weeksemmett_weeks Onshape Employees Posts: 29
    Answer ✓
    It's a quadrant constraint. It constrains a point to be coincident to an ellipse and either the major or minor axis of that ellipse. It can only be made by inference, dragging something to, or placing something on one of those points on the ellipse.
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Yes - I saw that behavior.  Thanks for the response!

I am not finding any documentation in help - can I find it under something else?

Your search for ""quadrant constraint"" returned 0 result(s).

www.accuratepattern.com