Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Project/Convert line in FS

papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
can FS use project/convert line?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    The immediate problem I can see is that you're setting sketch1 to a 2d Vector (the output of worldToPlane) but sketch1 needs to be a sketch (obtained from newSketchOnPlane, which is commented out in your feature studio).  The 2d vectors need to be passed as the start and end of the line segment (which are currently hard coded to the example values, like vector(0,0) * inch.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
    im still getting error on start vector.
    what is the error below means ?

edited November 2016
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    I think the error is for other code than what is in your screenshot (I would expect to see that if you typed "is vector" instead of "is Vector").

It would be easier for us to help with kind of thing if you saved a version of your public document when you see something like that and then posted a link to that version -- then we'd see the exact problematic state with the error.

The other thing I see in your screenshot piece is that vector(ptcoord, ptcoord) is very unlikely to be what you want (because ptcoord is itself a Vector), but I see that you fixed that in the public document.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
    edited November 2016
    ive change it to Vector but message still appear.
    i reopen the doc again and the message is gone. 
    thanks