Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exporting Drawings to AutoCad - Can't get the scale correct

I have followed the process for creating a custom drawing template given by Onshape but after exporting to DXF/DWG the scale is never correct once reopening in AutoCad?

Answers

• Options
    justin_hough563justin_hough563 Member Posts: 5 PRO
    edited December 2016
    ADD:  The organization that I am working for draws everything 1:1 and then prints 8.5 x 11 sheets to communicate with the shop
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    You get this hammered out?

When OS creates a dwg I've noticed that it makes everything in model space and creates a sheet with a view-port that shows whats in model space. But the items in ms are scaled to the os sheet scale.    

You need to go into model space and scale everything by what the scale is noted on in the OS sheet.