Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft Twisting

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
I'm struggling with lofting from a big rectangle to a smaller one.  Seems no matter which verticies I match, even though they both have 4 segments, I get this twisting effect, like the segments don't line up.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?  Doc is @ https://cad.onshape.com/documents/14f3d01d62b5237f728896c5/w/40e0afc950b8ca0dfecf9ef8/e/48d62775ba30708d4aae1614

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    elifelif Onshape Employees Posts: 50
    yes, please do submit a ticket. I'm suspecting a problem with the sketch imprint on the red circular face.
    Team Lead, Part Studios
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    A ticket has been submitted for @shai_perednik
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ shai_perednik .Without matching vertices also it should work but it is not working even if you select the vertices .
    As a work around Try this,

Extra face can be removed by using Delete face option,

2.PNG 125.6K
    3.PNG 70.1K
    4.PNG 63.8K
  • Options
    Trying this loft from the yellow parts bottom face (rectangle) to the face of the gray round part (or to the sketch), and neither generate properly.  I believe this is because of the mentioned above bug.
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi again Shai,

I think the bug here is due to lofting between sketches.  Can you try your loft between faces of geometry rather than sketches? If there isn't a face that perfectly matches your sketch you can first extrude-new your sketch away from the loft, use it as a parameter to the loft, and delete it as I did in my first workaround.

Let us know if that works, Thanks!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    @Jake_Rosenfeld  I'll try that
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @shai_perednik
    Congratulations - you just met Dr Tosun (Elif) :)
    Besides being an awesome person, she also wrote our loft. Now, it might not be for me to say Onshape is awesome (I am biased), but someone else might say "it's a pretty cool CAD company when you can ask the developer that wrote the code why your thing doesn't work"!
    #iloveonshape :)

Philip Thomas - Onshape