Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Ability to set custom shortcuts please?

Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
Hello, I would like to see the ability to add or change keyboard shortcuts in an up coming version please. I think that it would benefit a lot of users who have come from other software packages such as myself and have got used to certain shortcuts for certain tasks. For example, I use Blender a lot and the most common shortcuts are using the numpad to change views. An idea like this:
numpad 1 = front
numpad 3 = right
numpad 5 = isometric
numpad 7 = top
numpad 2, 4, 6, and 8 could be used to orbit
holding crtl could be used to 'flip' the view
i.e.
ctrl + numpad 1 = back
ctrl + numpad 3= left
ctrl + numpad 7 = bottom

Any thoughts?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    Hi Lee - please search the Improvement Requests category on the right and vote ---> I think someone has already requested it, if not please create a new request.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Lee_Hesketh
    If I have understood correctly, CTRL is a bit of a problem for software running in browser.. I too miss familiar shorcuts but also software like google sheets lack's for example adding/removing colums/rows with ctrl & + or - and ctrl & mouse roll zooming applies for browser not for single sheet.. 
    But it would be totally awesome if Onshape find a way around this - if so tip it for google guys too =)
    //rami
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lee_Hesketh, Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can vote for this improvement request which is already raised by some other user. Please vote for this improvement request by visiting below link.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/2667/custom-keyboard-shortcuts
  • Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Since Onshape runs in the browser there are applications/extensions that allow for this to happen today (many of them free). If you are using Windows, take a look at AutoHotkey. If you are using chrome, take a look at the extensions in their web store. This will depend on what OperatingSystem/browser combination you are using but there are some nice options out there.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln