Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing dwg requirements

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited October 2016 in Community Support
After a few import test I can see that cad drawings cannot contain any XREF otherwise those elements are not imported. Are there any other recommendations I need to consider when importing? I don't actively use cad so I'm a bit rusty but remember something about binding drawings. This would mean that I have to replicate our cad library and clean it up a bit before files are fully functional in OS.

Answers

• Options
    jesper_frommherzjesper_frommherz Member Posts: 8 PRO
    I learnded (by doing) to get rid of any unnecessary parts in the dwg by editing the file (f.e. in Adobe Illustrator) and export the edited file as AutoCad DWG 2014. 
    Particularly the hatches will cause errors because they increase the complexity of the file.
    Dipl.-Des. Jesper Frommherz
    Bremen, Germany
    betonbank.de | apfeltalk.de