Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Changing orientation of imported SW parts

kirk_2kirk_2 Member Posts: 34
I tried the SW import today and checked the Y-axis up box.  The part imported properly, but the default isometric view after translate shows the bottom of the part rather than the top.  Is there a way to reverse the orientation (e.g., mirror the part)?

Comments

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    You can use the transform feature to rotate your parts.  I don't know what your import looks like, but I would make a sketch on the top plane with a horizontal line to create an axis to rotate about.  Then I would start a transform feature, select all of the parts via shift+select in the parts list or by cross-selecting in the graphics area, choosing rotate then make the angle 90 or 180 degrees so that it looks the way you want it to.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    mevalemevale Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2015
    The solidworks users are bad informed and worst oriented. wake up!!
    Normal CMM and standard CNC machines works with vertical Z.
    Thanks god OS reoriented the world as should be.