Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

A coincident constraint cannot be applied to two curves of different types - (?)

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
I am attempting to project a hole pattern from one bracket to another using in-context editing of the part.  I created the sketch of the 2nd bracket using coincident line constraints to the 1st bracket which worked great with straight lines but not with holes. 

In the past, I had just sketched a circle and constrained it to a hole in another part of the assembly to get a center where I placed a point for later use with the hole feature.  This doesn't seem to work now as I get the message in the title.

This is the assembly: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c906a6bdcf50136ee9dbb9e1/w/9f6d794f5ac613eb6ba6aa67/e/86ef09d5ea1ddb0c28a1bcec

The brackets of interest are orange.  I want to project 4 holes in one bracket roughly 1000mm into the other along the X axis.  How should I do this?

Best Answer

• bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The error message IS the title minus the question mark in parenthesis.   I think I did more or less what you suggest but I'll try it again.

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Seems to work fine for me.

2 ways I tried were:

1) Create a sketch on the face of the (darker) red part. Click all 4 holes, then use the "use" command. Then extrude the sketch

2) Create a sketch and place 4 points on the (darker) red part. Make the points concentric to each hole. Then used the Hole Tool to create the holes.

I'm not sure what error message you get in the title.

Answer ✓
    The error message IS the title minus the question mark in parenthesis.   I think I did more or less what you suggest but I'll try it again.
    The concentric tool did the trick