Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Simulate directly on Onshape models on the cloud with Intact app

Andrew_TaberAndrew_Taber Member, Developers Posts: 4 ✭✭
Intact is a simulation tool built around making simulation easy and inexpensive by simulating directly on Onshape models. No installation, meshing, or preprocessing is necessary. We just released Intact on the app store, so check it out. It's free for now, and we'd love to hear your feedback on how to best fit your needs!

Comments

• jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Andrew I have seen Intact and it looks great.  Congratulations.  I hope our users understand how powerful and profound it is to do simulation without needing to mesh!! It is crazy cool to avoid the time and frustration of meshing!
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @Andrew_Taber, Nice app....
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Intact is a simulation tool built around making simulation easy and inexpensive by simulating directly on Onshape models. No installation, meshing, or preprocessing is necessary. We just released Intact on the app store, so check it out. It's free for now, and we'd love to hear your feedback on how to best fit your needs!
    How long does a simulation take? I tried a simple angle plate and have been waiting for several minutes but it still shows "in progress." I was hoping that maybe I could use this in my solid modeling and FEA class, but not if it takes this long for a simple part. Cloud-based is nice, but this kind of tool needs to live up to certain standards to be usable. At this point it does not live up to those standards. It looks like I will still be using Creo for simulation with class. 
  • Andrew_TaberAndrew_Taber Member, Developers Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for giving it a try! We're definitely still iterating on our performance and usability :) Generally simulations take a couple of minutes, but there's also quite a bit of variability depending on the complexity of the part. If you're willing to share some more details, we'd love to take a look at the part that's causing trouble - just drop us a line at support@intact-solutions.com. 
  • karl_thomas301karl_thomas301 Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Hello,
    i ve test and it's really good and awesome.
    Intact is really intuitive.

i've an education plan. 
    Intact will be just one month freely or with the education plan can i still use it after one month ?
    thanks a lot

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for giving it a try! We're definitely still iterating on our performance and usability :) Generally simulations take a couple of minutes, but there's also quite a bit of variability depending on the complexity of the part. If you're willing to share some more details, we'd love to take a look at the part that's causing trouble - just drop us a line at support@intact-solutions.com. 
    The part I tried was a simple angle plate with one triangular gusset, no holes or other features. I did not get results for at least an hour, could have been longer. I cannot do that in a classroom setting. Sorry. I'll stick with Creo for now.
  • avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    hi,
    i am trying to use intact on the most simple onshape model. it does not work for me.
  • yash_prakash008yash_prakash008 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I just tried out intact, and while I have been able to get the results fairly quickly, the model itself is not visible for me to inspect the areas where stresses are high.
  • Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    @yash_prakash008 Just tested and everything worked for me. Did you get off center somehow? Controls in Intact are different than Onshape. Right click to pan, left click to rotate...but also, use the view cube in the lower right to get back to a default view (front, left, right, top, etc)